Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:47 PM
Work Area: Software:Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 : 10
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device : SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Software Developer : SAP Innovation Center Network
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic development entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit to create new markets for SAP. Across various focus clusters and by building on strong teams, we pioneer game:changing solutions in close collaboration with startups, customers and partners in industry and research as well as with other SAP units. To ensure a successful go:to:market, we follow an end:to:end responsibility approach. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state:of:the:art in technology and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
As an Application Developer, you will work in an engineering team of architect, experienced developers, data scientists, designer taking on challenges posed by the SAP customers and product units. You will have the chance to work with real:world business problems. Your primary goal will be to implement state of the art application for deriving value from our customers' real business challenge.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The candidate will be part of engineering team solving and creating algorithms, which can be further used by enterprise applications
- Create excellence both in terms of results quality and system scalability through continuous evaluation, analysis and refinement of the system implementation
- Demonstrates up:to:date expertise in Software Engineering and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Design best architecture and select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for big data analysis.
- Experience in hands:on software development
- Ability to capture customer requirements and translate them into software specifications
- Accountability, delivery of the assigned tasks on time, ensuring high quality and high performance
- Work in an agile development environment which requires the individual to be self:driven, take decisions independently and be flexible in order to cater to demand
- Closely work with customers, partners and internal teams to enhance the solution and systems, troubleshooting data issues etc.
- Iteratively test, refine and improve the models.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Candidate should be able to in a multi task creative environment, rapid prototype, and agile development environment.
- 5 years' professional experience in cloud based application development with exposure to architecture design
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to new tasks/challenges
- Experience in SQL, relational databases, database concepts, dimensional modeling and database design
- Proficient in cloud foundry, Docker etc.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Strong cross:functional skills, excellent written/oral communication skills, and a willingness and capacity to expand their leade
• Location: San Mateo
• Post ID: 81939317 sanmateo