What you’ll be doing...
You’ll join our cutting-edge team building one of the largest big data platforms in the world. This disruptive technology can analyze hundreds of terabytes of data to support every aspect of our business. As a subject matter expert, you’ll manage significant projects developing new architecture, tools, and practices to meet the increasing demand for business insights. The team is constantly innovating to build big data solutions and you can be part of it.
- Architecting, designing, and building a robust, scalable big data platform, primarily based on Hadoop echo.
- Building a high throughput messaging framework to transport high volume data.
- Creating and managing data pipelines and using different protocols as needed for different data services.
- Developing the framework for deploying Restful web services.
- Building ETL, distributed caching, transactional and messaging services.
What we’re looking for...
You’re curious about new technologies and the game-changing possibilities it creates. You like to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and apply your technical expertise to solving business problems. In fact, people seek you out for your ability to tackle the most challenging issues. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment working as a great team player to drive the best results and business outcomes.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in building distributed solutions dealing with high volumes of data.
- Knowledge of virtual machine technologies, physical machines, networking and storage systems.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Familiarity with distributed, scalable multi-node environments.
- Experience with relevant big data technologies.
- Familiarity with Couchbase server and GlusterFS.
- Experience in DevOps.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8008041-software-development-staff-engineer
• Post ID: 83749977 sanmateo