search
Home > San Mateo jobs > San Mateo restaurant/retail

Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:09 AM

Reply

2Forks

get2forks.com

25 Washington St, Daly City, CA 94014

Full-Time in Daly City

Location: Daly City

Start date: Flexible

Salary: $50,000 target (merit-based)

Schedule: Sat-Wed 6am-3pm

COMPANY

2Forks produces high quality food at high volume in a commissary kitchen in Daly City. We are hiring an ambitious Sous Chef who has the right cultural fit to join our exceptional team, and to lead corporate catering production based on defined processes and targets.

ROLE

After an initial 4-week training period, you will assume responsibility for producing and managing a specific business line, which includes managing inventory, placing orders, producing the food, maintaining top quality, and packaging the food for final delivery. This is a hands-on role: 90% of your time is allocated to production, the other 10% is planning and management. This is a great role for anyone who wants to learn what it takes to manage a product line from start to finish. And there is lots of room to grow with the company based on performance.

RESPONSIBILITIES


>Manage all production operations from start to finish to deliver according to schedule.
>Prepare and expedite food production.
>Update prep list documentation on a daily basis.
>Monitor and report on inventory levels according to production plan and place orders.
>Follow, enforce & improve kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
>Follow and enforce all food safety and sanitation policies (HACCP).
>Support team member training on specific tasks and processes.
>Communicate clearly and thoroughly.

REQUIREMENTS

Must be responsible, reliable, and respectful.
>Servsafe certified.
>Demonstrated ability to understand and execute a production schedule.
>Demonstrated understanding of various prep & cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and general kitchen procedures.
>Clear communication, problem solving, prioritization, and organization skills.
>Able to resolve unplanned events in a productive manner.
>Comfortable using computers and smartphone software.
>Highly responsive and organized in email & instant message communications.

WHY WORK AT 2FORKS?

>Competitive salary structure based on performance.
>Pre-planned menu at least 1 week ahead - no surprises.
>Reasonable work hours, averaging 45h per week.
>Dedicated team with exceptional work ethic.
>Ample opportunity for growth.

Note: this position does not offer additional healthcare benefits, it is accounted for in the salary.

• Location: Daly City, CA, San Mateo

• Post ID: 80279293 sanmateo
sanmateo.backpage.com is an interactive computer service that enables access by multiple users and should not be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. © 2017 backpage.com