Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Analytics Engineering
Join our team @ Marketo, the leader in Engagement Platform.
It's always great to work in a company where people aspire themselves to be great. At Marketo, we wake up thinking about marketing. We ve revolutionized the way that companies engage with their customers, and we think the journey is just getting started.
Some of our core values we speak the truth, work as one team, results first, customer passion. If you have an ambition, you are at the right place, as we have the solution.
This Role could potentially be just for you!
If you are
- passionate about being part of building our next generation Analytics Platform, empowered by AI, provide actionable insights to our customers on their marketing and sales operation.
- capable of and passionate about, learning new technologies fairly quickly and a self-starter.
- a data geek, passionate about predictive/prescriptive analytics and familiar with the data elements of Marketo engagement platform.
- proficient in building data pipelines, ETL, dimensional modeling, data warehouse.
- ready to be empowered to take decisions by being part of a close-knit team with deep experience in traditional as well as modern analytics powered by big data technologies.
- Design and develop tools that would allow us to efficiently process petabytes of data using Java/Scala.
- Prototype as needed any new technology/framework that could improve our data pipeline. You would defend the technical/architectural choices you make and make an argument on how they improve the product.
- Work closely with Product Managers and other team members using Agile development process.
- Design and develop Comprehensive Tests (both Unit and Integration) to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Design and defend.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming skills in Java/Scala.
- Experience working with traditional databases like MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle.
- Hands on experience working with Unix/Linux environment, with ability to write Shell scripts for basic tasks.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Amazon Redshift/Google BigQuery or any other hosted large-scale data warehouses systems.
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Storm or Hadoop.
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques like Naive Bayesian classifier, Linear/Logistic Regression classifier, RNNs etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, Theano, Torch etc.
- Experience with public clouds like Amazon AWS, Google GCP or Microsoft Azure.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer
Associated topics: back end, c++, devops, java, perl, python, sde, sdet, software developer, software development engineer
• Post ID: 82557652 sanmateo